Job Opportunity -
Senior Accounts Assistant
We are looking for a reliable and outgoing individual with solid accounts experience. Are you looking for the next step in your career?
If so, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced team player to join the UK’s largest Wireless Internet Service Provider, during an exciting period of rapid growth.
Founded in 2008, Quickline Communications delivers Superfast internet connectivity to Business, Public Sector and Residential customers via its own independent Fibre and Fixed Wireless Access network. Quickline is now in a rapid expansion phase, looking to build and grow its fixed wireless business both organically and by acquisition. We are relocating our accounting team to Hessle and there is a requirement to recruit a Senior Accounts Assistant to join our team, on a full-time basis, to help fulfil the day to day bookkeeping and accounts tasks in a timely and efficient manner.
About the role
As a member of the Accounts team, your primary focus will be to complete the daily, weekly and monthly tasks required across the accounting ledgers and cashbooks. Your approach will be helpful yet pragmatic, ensuring an excellent accounting service is provided.
Attention to detail and accuracy are key.
The principle responsibilities are:• Process purchase ledger invoices on the Xero Accounts package
• Match purchase orders to purchase ledger invoices
• Resolve supplier invoice queries.
• Prepare & recommend list of supplier payments for payment runs.
• Daily reconciliations across multiple bank & merchant accounts.
• Allocate customer payments and credits.
• Credit control.
• Assist in weekly cashflow preparation. • Compile a monthly list of goods received not invoiced. • Reconcile purchase ledger and review with the management accountant. • Run and post sales into the Xero Accounts package. • Process and reconcile company credit cards.
Essential skills and experience
• Experience in the areas of responsibility above
• A good understanding of double entry bookkeeping.
• A proactive approach, ensuring deadlines are met.
• Experience of using the Xero Accounting package.
• Knowledge of Google Docs, Microsoft Excel, Word.
• GCSE Level 2 or above in English and Mathematics.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• A clean and current driving licence and the ability to get to Hessle.
• Good team player and an engaging communicator.
Desirable skills and experience
Qualifications/working experience of the following would be beneficial:
• A bookkeeping or accounting qualification such as AAT would be helpful
The role is full time Monday to Friday. Flexibility is offered, so long as deadlines are adhered to.
Salary offered is dependent on experience and the ability to demonstrate the essential skills and experience.
Sounds like your ideal role? If so, apply today!
Applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no recruitment agencies please.
Closing date: 31st May 2019