Job Opportunity -
Are you a qualified Accountant with a proven track record of successfully delivering a first class, professional finance service with responsibility for all financial reporting? Are you conversant with a range of IT solutions and up to date with current finance methods? Are you looking for the next step in your career?
If so, this is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced individual to join the UK's largest Wireless Internet Service Provider, during an exciting period of rapid growth.
Founded in 2008, Quickline Communications delivers fast reliable internet connectivity to Business, Public Sector and Residential customers via its own independent Fibre and Fixed Wireless Access network, alongside partner networks. Quickline was acquired in August 2017 by Big Blu Broadband Group plc (“BBB”), an AIM listed company. Quickline is now in a rapid expansion phase, looking to build and grow its fixed wireless business both organically and by acquisition. As the financial management requirements of the business increase, there is a requirement to recruit a qualified Management Accountant, on a full-time basis to help take the Finance function to the next level.
The successful candidate will:
• Ensure the accounts and all associated activities are completed effectively and efficiently at every month and year-end in line with BBB requirements.
• Ensure the Quickline management team receives the financial information and analysis required to support the continued growth and success of the business.
• Enhance and develop the financial and accounting systems in line with the requirements of the business.
• Work closely with both the CFO & CEO on company acquisitions - both pre and post-acquisition.
Preparation of monthly management accounts and BBB group reports, including:• profit & loss, balance sheet, KPI & variance reporting
• revenue, cost of sales and operating expense analysis
• ad hoc analysis of company accounts
• review/completion of monthly balance sheet reconciliations
• manage the annual audit and preparation of statutory financial statements and returns
• Production & distribution of financial management information and analytical support to the business.
• Provision of specific P&L information by product/P&L type on revenue, cost of sales or operating costs.
• Business and spreadsheet financial modelling e.g. for large local authority infrastructure projects
• Preparation of annual financial budgets and monthly forecasts.
• Working capital management and cash flow forecasting/reporting.
• Development of the financial reporting systems and internal control procedures
• Ensure the annual financial reports are produced in a timely and efficient manner.
• Assisting with ad-hoc financial and business projects as agreed with the CFO &CEO.
Essential skills and experience
• Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) with solid technical accounting ability
• Excellent spreadsheet modelling skills and accounting system experience
• Great analytical skills, with the ability to effectively present findings to people across departments
• Ability to remain calm and professional under pressure whilst maintaining a high standard of work
• Well organised and self-motivated with great attention to detail
• Experience of working in a group reporting environment is beneficial but not essential
Salary offered is dependent on experience and the ability to demonstrate the essential skills and experience. This is a full time role with full autonomy and flexibility.
Sounds like your ideal role? If so, apply today!
Applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Strictly no agencies please.
Closing date: Wednesday 20th February 2019