WE ARE HIRING!
Project Manager – Telecommunications Hessle, East Yorkshire
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Project Manager, with a history of delivering projects and tenders to a defined scope and budget, to join the UK's leading Ultra-Fast Wireless Broadband ISP - servicing business, public sector and residential customers, through our own Fixed Wireless Access and independent full fibre network, during an exciting period of rapid growth.
Founded in 2008, Quickline Communications delivers Ultra-fast internet connectivity to Business, Public Sector and Residential customers via its own independent Fibre and Fixed Wireless Access network. Following recent substantial investment, Quickline is now in a rapid expansion phase, looking to build and grow its fixed wireless business to at least 30,000 customers over the next few years. As the customer base grows there is a requirement to recruit a key player to join our team on a full-time basis, to lead and deliver a number of large scale projects.
About the role:
Your primary focus will be to lead, and project manage all major projects and tenders in accordance with business requirements and ensure they are delivered to the customer specification. You will be accountable for the successful project management of all projects and tenders, ensuring they are scoped accurately and delivered on time.
The principle responsibilities are:-
- Produce a critical path and understand the timing and resources needed for each stage of the project / tender to ensure it is completed on time and to the defined scope.
- Responsible for the financial monitoring of the project. Ensure an accurate forecast and that this is adhered to, keep the team informed of forecasts and changes and manage the scope meticulously.
- Create and maintain an overall programme of projects and communicate this to all stakeholders.
- Identify key project milestones and ensure that these are correctly communicated to the relevant parties within the business and externally. Arrange meetings and ensure that all stakeholders are aware of the project’s progress.
- Create and deliver project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
Ensure project documents are complete, current, and appropriately stored.
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure effective and efficient implementation of the projects.
- Submit project status reports to stakeholders, including anticipating and reacting to change.
As the ideal candidate, you will be self motivated, target driven and work well under pressure. You will have a passion for continuous improvement and strive to exceed both internal and external customer expectations.
Essential skills and experience
- Extensive project management experience ideally in the telecommunications industry
- Agile, PRINCE 2 or equivalent qualification
- Excellent presentation skills
- Proven interpersonal skills with the ability to manage a team without line management responsibility
- Experience of achieving critical deadlines
- Project Management expertise using appropriate software packages
- Experience of managing tender processes
Salary offered is dependent on experience and the ability to demonstrate the essential skills and experience.
Sound like your ideal role? If so, apply today!
Applications should be made to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 3rd January 2020